My journey...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I wonder...

I wonder what if .....


What if church is a convenient store?
Where people always demand for more
Things nicely packaged to attract not bore
Any work would seem a chore





What if church is a theatre?
Where people around them does not matter
Programs are for their leisure
To satisfy and give them pleasure




What if church is a coffee shop?
Meeting friends and a place to talk
Refusing to move or even walk
Having fun but that's the lot




What if church is a bus stop?
Waiting around but we never did talk
Meeting people is not our job
Always thinking of our next stop.



What if church is what God meant it to be?
Coming together in unity
Giving of ourselves and living in harmony
His Kingdom on earth expressed through His community


(can't find a picture to represent the community of God but perhaps it is for you to imagine what it would be like)

posted by Janelle at 7:06 PM

3 Comments:

Congratulations on your blog. I had not intended to read it but my Care Group Leader saw your Israel photos and commended you on your comments made; he said that you showed great amount of maturity for someone "so young" and this made me curious. I am most impressed by your blog especially since (I am assuming) you composed the poems yourself.I do agree that perhaps you should take up writing; perhaps journalling your work - maybe you can even publish a book!! then I can boast that I have a talented niece!!Keep up the good work!! (FYI - yours is the first blog I have ever read!! this "old lady" is making progress,eh?)

10:05 AM  

Sorry!! Meant to indicate my name but some how my identity came out anonymous!! Shows my inexperience!

10:10 AM  

Hei.. I am surprised that you read my blog. Yes. improvement indeed. hahaha. take up writing?? hrmm laziness sets in. I am a woman with many talents mah :P some one commented maybe I should take up photography too. Your care group leader reads my blog too?? for someone so young?? does he know how old I am?? hee hee

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home