My journey...

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Closed doors


I was just reading an article about how God closes the doors in our journey in life to guide us. So that we do not walk in the wrong directions. "The reason why God close the door is because He has nothing for us there"

So often we want to have things done our way. We want to organise our own lives and when God closes the door that we want to walk through, we will often fall into saddeness or even depression. It is not fair that we cannot walk through that door that seems so enticing. We may often blame God. But just like a loving dad who is strict with his children because He knows what is best for us, He will not allow us to walk through the closed door unless we force it open and insist that we want our way.

There has been many closed doors in my life and with every closed door, there came a saddness cause it was the way in which I wanted to walk in. For example, I wanted to stay in Australia after my studies and built my life there. I wanted a relationship to work so badly but never did happen. There are many things that I wanted but never did have. I could not understand each time the door was closed. Of course I was sad. I even prayed for the door to be opened but nothing happened. I am slowly begining to see why. God wanted me here in Malaysia and He has a purpose for me. That person was probably not the right person for me to have.

God help me recognise the closed doors in my life and to be thankful that you love me so much to close those doors even though it may hurt me. My heart may be broken. Help me also see the open doors that you have for me and to give thanks in the journey of my life. To trust you with All things.


In this journey of mine
He will be my guide
when I begin to strive
or when I want to hide
He will be by my side
In this journey of mine

In this journey of mine
In Him I want to abide
By faith I walk with Him by my side
I know I am His pride
He will be my guide
In this journey of mine
posted by Janelle at 8:12 PM

2 Comments:

Hi Janelle! Nice blog, hope to read more of your life experience here :)

11:14 PM  

Thanks wei. yeah life is an interesting journey :P

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home