My journey...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Pure in Heart


Been pondering on the verse "The pure in heart shall see God"

Who are the pure in heart? Who can achieve that purity in heart? What does it really mean? A heart that is without blemish or sin? Whose heart can be without blemish or sin? Even after we are saved, we do not instantly become "angels". Living a life that is like Christ in every aspect. I do try to but many times I do fail.

Just like the apostle Paul who said "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do."

According to the dictionary, Pure means free from impurites. Free of extraneous elements of any kind. Free from dust or dirt. Eg, pure water. In spiritual sense free from sin or impure thoughts or intentions?

Perhaps it is our state of devotion to Him? Not something to be achieve but our desire to want to please God in all our ways? I do not have the answer. But I know that by my own strength I cannot do it. To be pure. I thank God that I am loved and accepted by Him just the way I am. My hearts desire is to follow Christ as closely as I can. I know that I will at times fail in my character but that is OK. God will still accept me when I get back to seek Him and His heart. My Christian walk is a journey. Learning new things all the time. Being made to be more like Christ on the way. Truly I desire to see God. But all I can do now is walk closely to Him.

I am not saying that it is ok to walk in sin cause He accepts us as we are. I am also learning about the fear of the Lord. It also says "the fear of the Lord is the begining of all wisdom". Learning the joy in fearing the Lord.

At the end of it, it all boils down to our relationship with the Almighty.

I thank God that I do not have to strife in my journey. He will gently guide my path. The steps of a goodman are ordered by the Lord. Thank God for Jesus who showed us the way. That it is possible.
I pray that I will not stray away from Him but walk so closely that I can hear His heartbeat. Perhaps then my heart will beat with His.
posted by Janelle at 8:51 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home