My journey...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My weekend in Genting

Went to Genting with a group of people whom I dun usually hang out with. I had a great time. It was good to get to know them better. Supposedly to go there to watch Jim Brickman's concert. Did not know who he is till the day before the concert. I really enjoyed the songs. Can't say much about the singers. I love the piano since young though I can't play it. I love the sound of it. I am a romantic at heart. So the songs are just .... my type of "emo" songs.




Jim Brickman....



Jim and Fauzian Latiff...



His piano...

The view from my hotel room



But more than just going for the concert, I love the mountains. The fellowship was good no doubt but just looking out to the mountains seems to bring me closer to God. When I was in Australia, on days when I was discouraged or stressed, I would drive up to the mountains and sit there to talk to God or just to contemplate. There is just something about the mountains. I remember one incident where I was very stressed at Uni and I went to the mountain and just looked out into the scenery. God said "You see the green tree tops and the mountains which seem so peaceful but there are little creatures under the foliage. The leaves have their job to do microscopically. They need to produce O2. The worms and the ants busy looking for food. But in their business, everything is well taken care of. I have thought of every detail in their relevance with each other and even the careful detail in creating each creature for their survival. How much more will I take care of the detail in your life. How I will care for the detail in your life. Yes mountains have been very special to me. I could just know that God is near when I stare in the beauty of the ranges.


Lately, I have developed a passion for taking photos. There was once when I was in Fraser's Hill, I remember I was alone in my expedition to take pics, then all of a sudden, I was so overwhelmed by God's presence. It was just an excellent time enjoying taking pictures in His presence. Appreciating His creation. Since then everytime I take pictures, I appreciate so much more the detailed beauty of His creation.










So here's to God. Thank you so much for the variety in Your creation. Thank you for creating mountains. Flowers. Insects. Everything that makes life more colorful to live in. Except mosquitoes.
posted by Janelle at 8:22 AM

3 Comments:

me so jealous with your photography skills!! argh...

9:55 PM  

haha.. you can too.. just need to know how to make full use of your camera. I am still learning.

11:03 PM  

hahaha even if i tried... my camera is ancient!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home