My journey...

Saturday, August 26, 2006

investing time

Last weekend I went to Kluang (my first time to this town) with a couple of friends (whom I won't usually spend time with) to supposedly minister at the youth group there. For me, it was a great time away. It was quite refreshing just visiting another youth group. Getting to know my friends better. Had spiritual formation just spending time with my friends. We also had fat formation as we ate and ate and ate. The food was cheap and yummy. The original Kluang Railway Station coffee, half boiled eggs, nasi lemak, bun wif kaya... then the cendol, apam balik, yum....








This week, I took some of the youth and the youth leaders to Sunway Lagoon. Again, it was just great spending time and being with people. Not to mention that I had fun at Sunway. It was a pity that there were so few who came but even if it was just for one to have felt loved that people would spend time with him/her, it would be worth it.










It is good to get away from the mundane work to just spend time with people because they are the ones who matter. Time is never wasted even if it is just doing nothing with people. Jesus came to spend time with people. No motive needed. Not because we want anything from them. Just to be with them. This is good for the soul.
posted by Janelle at 7:48 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home