My journey...

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Storms in life


Read Luke 8:22-25. The story about Jesus calming the storm. It was Jesus who told the disciples to get into the boat. On their journey there was this huge storm.

Sometimes in our journey, we may know that God has called us to a certain direction but it does not mean that there are no storm. Along our journey in which God has called us into, we will come in contact with storms. Yet He promised us that He will never leave us nor forsake us. Even when we are sure that what we are doing is God's will for us, it does not mean that life is smooth sailing.

Later, the disciples woke Jesus and told Him that they were going to drown. Then Jesus calmed the storm and asked them "Where is your faith?". In our journey in life, the storms that comes our way is an opportunity for us to exercise our faith. Through each storm in my life, I find that as I exercise my faith, my faith increases in God. I appreciate Him even more. Perhaps God uses storms to teach us how to trust and rely upon Him. To show us the reality of who He is. Sometimes, God requires us to calm our own storms. To go through storms on our own. This will help us in becoming more like Christ. To be part of expressing that Kingdom of God on earth.

As we learn our lessons in going through our storms, we can also stand beside others who will be having their own storms. Encouraging one another in our community.

I believe in our journey in life, faith increases as we are serving God on a daily basis. As he reveal a little of Himself to us each day. Each step it causes me to be more in awe of who He is as I work together with Him through my storms.
posted by Janelle at 12:01 AM

1 Comments:

Janelle. I think that you might find my site (jofj.org) interesting. I tell the story of the Journey of Jesus from a chronological and geographical perspective. DAB

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home