My journey...

Sunday, August 13, 2006

An afternoon with friends


Yesterday I was having tea with some of my friends. It was rather interesting. They are a bunch of "intellects" and were talking about "matters" which I shall not even mention (just cause I cannot remember the terms and I would not know how to spell them let alone know what they mean). They spoke about things like the reformed church, post colonial, authors of books etc. I was in awe not just because of their knowledge but because there is still so much that I do not know and I find that just sitting there listening to them speak, I have gained somemore understanding about the Kingdom of God. I tried to look beyond the Big terms and look at the heart of what they were sharing. The jist of what they were trying to say. I guess one will never know everything about the Kingdom but I find that in my journey, these little moments where God reveals a little bit more about His Kingdom to me puts me in awe of who He is. Now I have something new to ponder about Him.

I am glad that there are people who knows so much about christianity. Who knows what all those big terms means. It challenges me to think. I am also glad that I do not need to know what those big terms mean for me to be accepted by God. I am glad that He is a God that is relevant to every walk of life. To those intellect and to the simple minded. His love for us is unconditional.

That's the beauty of His community. We may have different viewpoints about petty issues but at the end of the day, its the love for God and the desire for His Kingdom to come and His will to be done that really matters.
posted by Janelle at 7:57 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home