My journey...

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Gardening

I have developed an interest in gardening and have been going to Sg. Buloh to buy plants. Pictures of some of my plants. My mom told me that different soil are good for different types of plants. Different fertilizers for different things. Heard of the term "Green Fingers"? Basically those with "green fingers" have mastered the skill of creating the right environment for each plant to grow. Not too much sunlight for some plants while for other plants you need direct sunlight.




Someone once told me that our spiritual walk is like gardening. We find the right environment for growth but it is God who cause the growth. We are put in the right conditions and God will cause the growth. Healthy things grow. The question is what is the right conditions? Yet we cannot force growth. It is purely the work of God. Sometimes I get too frustrated or impatient and tries to hurry God or tries in my own strength to cause growth to happen. This only cause me to get more frustrated rather than waiting on His timing. There is a time and season for everything.


In my life, I have experienced that trials and storms foster growth. Though we do not wish to go through them, it actually do us good in strengthening our walk. Through my storms of life, I learn to trust in Him. I learn to wait on Him. I learn to know His character. I see the reality of God working.

Friendships and community can cause growth as well. The encouragement of a friend. The challenge we give one another. The care and the concern all foster growth.

posted by Janelle at 2:57 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home