My journey...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Spell Check?

I read this poem and it made me think.

I halve a spelling checker,
It came with my pea see.
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I dew knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait aweigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the era rite
Its rarely ever wrong.

I've scent this massage threw it,
And I'm shore your pleased too no
Its letter prefect in every weigh;
My checker tolled me sew.

How often have we thought that the things that we do "For God" is right in our eyes. Do we really seek God for ourselves or just listen to whatever others tell us?

I have been a Christian for so many years and there are so many things in my christian journey that I have learnt that I am now realising maybe, perhaps is not so theologically correct. There are a lot of the worldly system that has been implanted in the church system and we often check our "Christianity" against such worldly systems. Just like the spell check above. We often place our worldview and our own understanding and experience to understand and see who God is.

I am not saying that all I have believed in is wrong but not all is Godly either. I think I am in my journey where God is realigning my belief system and building new foundations in my life. Seems so painful to have the "Old" system being taken away. Feel like I do not know anything anymore and have to relearn. There seems to be a tension within myself to hold on to that which I know and to trust in God to teach me new things.

I do not expect others to understand what I am going through cause I do not fully understand it myself. But this I know that God is changing my worldview and I am just allowing Him the space and time to do His work in my life now.
posted by Janelle at 11:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home