My journey...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I am back





















Hey all, I am back from Bangkok. It has been a good trip. Great team I had. I had loads of fun. Though my joints did get painful but I was still able to walk and take public transport. Because we had to take public transport (van, car, motorbike, bus, train, tuk-tuk), we often have to walk long distances up and down stairs yet God gave me the strength.

One day we took a two and a half hour train ride to teach english at a primary school. That was fun. Spending time with the children. Though for only a short time.





It was amazing how God used the team. On the first night, we shared in a home meeting and I shared about faith in God. Trusting in Him even in matters that seem impossible. There at the meeting was a woman who just found out that she may have cancer (which is now confirmed). She was afraid but at the end she was able to say that she trust in God and place all hope in Jesus.

I do not understand why suffering happens especially to good people. But I told her that we can have peace that surpass all understanding in our suffering and knowing that God is in the midst of the suffering. He is the one who is with us through out. The joy of the Lord can be our strength.

It was a good time away though it was short and had disappointing news. It was great to spend time with the pastor there. To make new friends and to get to know the people there. To encourage them in their journey. How nice it is to see God's Kingdom in another country.

This trip, we went back to the basics of life. No air-cond, no car to go anywhere we wanted. Even the public transports has no air-conditioning. But God has been good. throughout our time there, it rained in the night so it was not so hot and stuffy and we could sleep better at night.
posted by Janelle at 6:03 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home