My journey...

Sunday, July 08, 2007

One Night With the King

The title is actually a title of a movie about Esther (in the bible... for the benefit of you who do not know). I saw the movie with my LF. Do not know how accurate biblically the movie is but I have to re read esther to find out. You can actually find the official online site for the movie here. Would I recommend it? er.. If you have time to waste and you are just sitting around waiting for time to pass, then I would. If you have very little free time and every moment is precious, then, don't watch it.

One thing in the movie really spoke to me. This part where Esther have to go see the King to save her people. The Jews. In those days, only when the King summons you then only you are allowed to see him even though he is your husband. I think some men would love this concept. Wait till I call you first then only you can come and talk to me. Haha. Anyway, back to Esther, if you went to see the King before being summoned, you can have a death sentence. Esther said "If I perish, I perish."

The guard who is close to Esther told her that she is just going to her death bed. Asked her not to do it. Throughout the movie, they show Esther as a person who love God and knows her Bible stories and she would often tell others about the stories of God. The guard said "Your stories are only stories. There is no such person as David or Jacob. Do not be so foolish." Esther paused and she said "You know why David won the battle? It was not that he could fight well but because he believed well." (David is a shepherd boy. Not trained for war. Goliath challenged the warriors of God and nobody dare go near Goliath but this shepherd boy and he killed Goliath cause David said that the Living God will help him).

Then Esther trusted in God and she went. It was because David believed well. It made me think of my faith. How well do I believe Him. To believe Him I have to know Him whom I believe and I have to know what I am believing in. Many Christians know that they believe in Jesus as the Son of God. He died so that we can have eternal life. So that we can have freedom. But ... the extent of their faith stops there. And they live their whole life based on that understanding. No wonder after a while, church life can become so meaningless and it is just another religion. It is a continuous journey of discovery. Discovery of the one whom I believe in. Discovery of who He really is. I feel that my journey is just beginning.
posted by Janelle at 8:41 PM

3 Comments:

I personally thought this movie was horible so I agree with Janelle that if you don't have the time, do not watch it. Visually it was a stunning movie but the writing, acting and directing was a disaster. The character of Esther lacked depth and I found her annoying. I don't know where they found the guy to play the part of the King but he stunk! I have to echo a fellow reviewer who said, "Dear Lord, Why must your most ardent followers unleash such bad movies in your name."

11:06 AM  

Haha.. Thanks for your comment. It is quite funny... your comment. :)

7:48 PM  

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It's very informative. I love to read it and do hope to read your next story.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home