My journey...

Sunday, June 10, 2007

I believe?


I just watched "Polar Express" on Astro for the first time today. After so many years of the film being released. One thing which the person mentioned is "Seeing is believing but sometimes, those which are not seen are more real". It is about the story about a boy who do not believe in Santa. He could not hear the sleigh bells ring cause he did not believe. Only those who believe can hear it. At the end of the movie, he heard and Santa gave him one of the bells. His parents thought that the bell was broken cause they did not believe in Santa and could not hear the bell.

I am not advocating that we believe in Santa and the north pole filled with elves. Lately in my journey, God is challenging me to believe. To believe in Him who is able. To believe in Him that He does know the days of my life. To trust in Him for the unknown.

It also cause me to think of those who believe in God. God is speaking in the lives of everyone and only those who believe that He is speaking will hear Him and walk with Him. Only those who take time to listen to the inner voice will hear. He does want the best for us and for us to walk in His will. To dance with Him but can we hear Him? Do we believe?

Sometimes we are afraid to trust. We are afraid of what it will cost us of we listen. What will our future be if we listen and follow. At times, God may ask of us to do the most unthinkable thing. We are afraid to go that way even. Play it "safe". Afraid to loose control of our life. In the movie, the train master said "It is not where the train is going but whether we are willing to get on board". Many are not even willing to start this journey with God. We surrender our lives in what we call "Sinner's prayer" and then stop their journey. I do not know where my journey will take me but I am willing to go on board to let Him take me. If we never get on the train we will never know what God has installed for us.

Do we believe? Dare we trust? Allow Him full control of our life?
posted by Janelle at 7:47 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home