My journey...

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Where art thou?


In my spiritual journey I have been crying out for spiritual parents. People who will lead and guide me in this journey. Where are they? We seem to be lacking people who are willing to pour their lives into the next generation. Older folks who have walked this very journey and have learnt from God. Who have persevered in their path. Who have climbed the hills and the mountains. Who have been through the desert with our Lord. Where are they now? Where are they who would take our hands and say "I will walk with you". No wonder you do not see many young adults growing strong in the Lord.

Someone mentioned that there is a difference between a mentor who will mentor you in skills etc and a spiritual guide. Spiritual guide, someone who is willing to walk with you in this journey. Sharing lives with you. Guiding you in the things of God. I have had lots of mentors but I am crying out for a guide. Perhaps crying out for a community that we can grow together. Pray together. Am I the only one feeling this way? Feel so orphaned in my walk. So alone. I have lots of friends but people who would share llives with and share burdens with and encourage each other in the journey with. There are very few if any. Where art thou?
posted by Janelle at 2:30 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home