My journey...

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Receiving directions

I was on my way to dinner with my parents. The normal route which we are used to taking had a very bad traffic jam. Thus I asked my dad who was driving to turn around and I will show him another way. He asked me how and I tried to explain to him but being my dad, he would not accept anything blindly. His remarks "that way can cut out?" "That road is it blocked?" "But isn't that a one way street?".

At the end, I just told him to trust me. I can bring you there faster than if we are to remain in this terrible jam. Truly, I did it.

Well this is not to tell you how wonderful I am in directions cause I often get myself lost as well. Though I am wonderful. haha.

This incident made me think about me and my relationship with God. God asks us to trust in Him. To listen to Him for guidance in our lives. Often we would have remarks like "Like that can ar?" "What if....." "But it is too......" "Are you sure you want me to....." "Is it you God?"


Through this incident, lesson learnt is that when we are receiving directions, we just listen and drive along. May not make sense to us but we trust in the person giving the directions that He would get us there. Whatmore if it is God. We cannot use our logic or our past experiences. We MAY hit some pot holes here and there (hard not to when you driving in Malaysia. They made it especially obvious since it is visit Malaysia year so that the tourist would not miss this Malaysian experience) but in the end, we have to listen and not ask too many questions if we are wanting to go where God is leading.

We may be listening to a lot of voices as well. All telling us what to doand where to go. God says "My sheep hears my voice". I was in Turkey and there are a lot of sheep along the road with one shepherd. Often times, I do not even see a dog or a horse around. The sheep just follows the shepherd and graze around where the shepherd stops. When the shepherd moves again, they will move together. It is quite amazing. No dog to control them. No need horses to move them along. They know their shepherd. Someone once told me that if you mix two herds from different shepherds, and when their respective shepherd moves, his flock will know to follow the right shepherd.


Father I trust in Your decisions for my life and lead me in the path of righteousness for Your name's sake. Let me recognise your voice. Guide me in the decisions that I have to make in my life's journey.
posted by Janelle at 6:42 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home