My journey...

Thursday, March 29, 2007

little glimpses


The other day I was driving and suddenly as I turn my head, I thought that I saw a really beautiful bird but when I tried looking for it again, it was gone. Maybe it could be my imagination. But I was happy for a while. To behold such beauty.

Sometimes in my journey in life, I get little glimpses of hope and joy. Sometimes, certain events will cause me to be excited and happy. Little glimpses of God's goodness. God's faithfullness. God's love and mercy. Hope that I see. These little glimpses are like sign posts that spur me on. That get me excited in life's journey. That gives me hope to go on seeking the Kingdom. I am not saying that if I do not see these signs then I will give up my journey but they are there as an encouragement. I believe that God place them there for us to have little glimpses of what the Kingdom could be like. Though we do not see it in its fullness, we see bits of it here and there.

Last Sunday I went for a walk with a friend at the TTDI park. There were two guard houses that they built there. One at the begining and one at the halfway point. At the halfway point, we had to make a decision whether to continue and finish the course or to turn back. We decided that we would complete the whole course but on the way, tiredness and the difficulty of the journey made us weary. Our pace slowed down. We were so excited on our way back to see the halfway point again that it charged us to walk that little bit faster. It gave us hope that we are doing ok. We will complete the course.

It is like that in my journey. I do not depend on the little glimpses to keep me on the journey but they add that excitement and hope. It shows me the reality of the Kingdom and of God.
posted by Janelle at 11:14 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home