My journey...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What am I desiring after?

What am I desiring after? A question that made me think. What are my motives? What do I really want? Are my intentions selfish? I may be appearing to be doing all the right things for the wrong reasons. If my motive is unpure, then it will not be pleasing to God. I may be doing the most noble thing but if I am doing it for the wrong reasons then what does that amount to?

At the end of the day, its our heart that God is after. He pursues us that our hearts will be turned to Him. He is jealous of anything in our lives that takes our attention off Him. Where is my heart? What is it after? Where my treasure is there would be my heart also.

Is it worth it to give up that pursuit of God for self fulfilment? If you pursue God Himself, that desire for His will and His kingdom will be evident.
posted by Janelle at 10:40 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home