My journey...

Monday, March 12, 2007

cruelty to fishes??

I was at a restaurant last night having my dinner and overheard the next table ordering food. It was the weirdest thing. This is the typical chinese restaurant where they have fresh fish. As in the fishes are in the aquarium and when you place an order, they would catch the fish and prepare it for your consumption. So the conversatio of this lady with the waiter...

Waiter : "would you like to eat fish"
Lady : "Yes"
Waiter : "We have fresh fish still swimming in the aquarium"
Lady : "No. That is too cruel. I want frozen fish"

Hrmm. And frozen fish were not live fish before?

I do not understand how certain people when they try to be sympathetic or righteous and yet they keep contradicting themselves. You see a lot of that in church. When they go for their missions trip, they would be so nice to the people there but when they are at home, how they would treat their maids or the indonesian workers in Malaysia? They are not the same human beings? All of a sudden you are the employer and you have a right to ill treat them? I know of empoyers who work their maids till midnight cleaning the house because they think they have paid them to do so. Getting your money's worth?

That is just two examples. But something for me to think about as well. my view of people and my view of the world.
posted by Janelle at 10:58 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home