My journey...

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Through the storms of life

Sometimes, we cannot control the storms that life's journey brings. But it is through these storms that life seems to be more real. Rather than life being a fairytale, which it never will be, these storms reminds us that there is a God. That He is ultimately in control. A friend of mine is a painter and she paints rather sad pictures. Ones that always have a sad face. (That's one of her pictures you see on this blog entry) I asked her how come most of her pictures are so sad and she said that you cannot appreciate happiness unless you have experienced sadness. She is right. We cannot know that God who heals unless we have experienced pain. We cannot know a God who will provide unless we are in need. It is through the storms of life that God reveals Himself to us.

I must admit that it is painful and hard going through those storms. Experiencing that brokenness, you just wish that the world would open up and swollow you in. When you are going through a storm, it hurts like crazy but at the same time, you see the God of comfort. He promised us that He will never leave us nor forsake us.

It says in Proverbs. Hope deferred makes the heart sick but when dreams come true, it brings joy and life.

My hope is in God alone. Thank You for the promise I have in You through the storms in my journey

Such pain,
Such sorrow,
There is so much rain
I can't see tomorrow

At that very moment
He came
Wrapped me in His arms
Comforted me again

Dried all my tears
Took away my fears
looked in my eyes ever so dear
"Don't worry I am here"

posted by Janelle at 6:29 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home