My journey...

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Relationship neglected

Lately I have been so fascinated about searching out theological stuff that although I have gained a lot of head knowledge, but I have neglected the relationship with God. I have been faithful in my pursuit in the knowledge of God instead of knowing Him. And suddenly I felt that I have drifted away. The life of God is not fresh anymore. Head knowledge does not equal to that communion with God and how a person can be so caught up in pursuing truth but never actually know truth itself. Jesus said I am the way, the TRUTH and the life. Truth is not knowledge but a person. (profound). To pursue truth is to pursue a person. But there are so many people in church who thinks that just by listening to the sermon on sunday and getting enlightened by the truth in the bible, they are ok. That they are living that Christian life. For me, I am gaining knowledge about God also. But that knowledge ought to bring me to worship Him. To give me revelation of Him so that it enriches my life with Him.

Forgive me God for seeking knowledge more than You. For neglecting my communion with You.
posted by Janelle at 7:53 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home