My journey...

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The virgin birth

As part of my assignment (can't believe that I am still doing assignments) for my Theology class, I am suppose to write a paper on "what does it mean that Jesus is human". 2000 words!!. My first impression was, because the bible say so therefore He is. That would not go down well if I actually want to pass this subject. I did some reading and am so amazed at the significance of the virgin birth. Before, my only understanding of the Virgin birth was just so Christ will not be born with the sin of humankind. But what does it actually mean to be human?


Adam and Eve was truly human before the fall. God created humankind perfect but sin caused us to fall from being truly human. Sin caused us to be seperated from God and His purpose for human kind. Therefore we need faith in God to be truly human again. To be restored to the original intention that God has created us to be. In fellowship with Him and with one another. Henri Nouwen said that our spirituality is the core of the human being. To be truly human, we need to find that core again to truly live. That core can only be found in God. Christ was born of virgin birth. Without sin. He was truly human.


Also, if Jesus was just born as a normal birth, we would still believe He is man but not God. But because His birth was so miraculous, it is easier to believe that He is God at the same time. God is just brilliant. Jesus could have come in so many ways. He could be formed as human and dropped into earth. But we would not be able to identify Him as human. But God in His wisdom has thought of everything.


As you can see, this is hardly 2000 words. At least I am getting somewhere in my paper. hee hee.
posted by Janelle at 5:41 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home