My journey...

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year


Yet another year has came and gone. I remember one year ago we were wishing each other "Happy New Year" or the more "religious" a "Blessed New Year". Looking back, 2006 has been one of the most challenging year for me. Not happy at all. It has been one of my worst. At times, I do not even know what I was doing. I have distanced myself from my friends. Wallow in my self pity. Wondered why am I even a Christian. It is a year filled with confusion and disappointments. Hope that has been busted. Yet through all the experiences, God has been faithful. I have learnt to be still and know that He is God. It is when you are in the desert that you notice every single wild flower that emerges from the ground because they are so obvious when all around is just sand. It was like that for me. In my journey in 2006, I manage to recognise the flowers along the way. The goodness of God. His blessings. His hand upon my life. It is this year that I relect upon my Christian faith. No longer do I just walk blindly. I rediscovered true friends. People who really care. It is this year that I started my blog. It is this year that I get to go to Israel and see the Bible come to life for me. It is this year that I get to go to Australia to be with relatives that I have not seen for a long time. It is true that we learn the most valueble lessons through our toughest times.

Happy 2007? Well I do not know what 2007 will have install for me. Whatever it is, I do pray that it will be a time in which I grow more in Him. To know Him better. Whether through good times or bad. That my journey will be one that pleases God in all areas of my life. I know I will probably fail here and there. That is why I need His grace but as much as I can, I will try. This I know that there will be a wind of change in my life. New things are going to take place. I am excited. 2007. Begining of a new journey for a new year. Things are probably going to be the same next week. I will still wake up at the same time to go to work. Take the same route. Driving the same car. Meet the same people. Do the same stuff. Then come Sunday, go to church then youth and the routine starts. But I do hope that my walk with God will be different. Internally I hope to be different. So God, unto You I commit my new year.
posted by Janelle at 11:45 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home