My journey...

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hiding Place


Hiding place. Place of security. Place of comfort. You need a hiding place when you are running away from your enemies. Like David running away from King Saul. He went into hiding. A place where you do not want others to find you. Hiding place could also mean a place where you just want to be alone. Where you find comfort in staying in that place. Not wanting to interact with others. Hiding place is a safe place. You do not need to take any major risks. Hiding place could also be a place where you hide when you have done something wrong.

I was contemplating about hiding place on Sunday during worship. I told God "If you are my hiding place, won't I be running away from my problems. Not going anywhere but just wanted to go in hiding and not face my problems? If I keep running to you for comfort, won't I be wanting to stay in the dark?" To me, hiding place was a dark place where it is not visible to others so that they could not see you.

My God is good. He answered me straight away. During altar call, Pat came to me and said that God told her to tell me this... "He is my hiding place (could you imagine my jaw dropped when I hear that word.. hiding place). His hiding place is not a dark and dim place. It cannot be because God is there and God is light. But in the comfort of His presence His light will reveal the intents of my heart and cause me to see more clearly what I could not see before".

His hiding place is a place of healing and a place where we learn to become more like Jesus. His image in us become more and more evident. In this journey in life, being in His hiding place is not just running away from our enemies or hiding our shame or being in a dark place to be away from people. But to be in His hiding place is to behold Him. To admit our weakness and to embrace His strength. For Him to reveal the secrets of our hearts. So that His light could shine into the dark places in our heart. Then we can be made more and more into His likeness. God is also love. His hiding place must be a place of love. Without condemnation.

You are my hiding place.
posted by Janelle at 3:13 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home