My journey...

Friday, October 20, 2006

My Lord..

Last Sunday at church, we sang a song which have these words. "You are the Lord of my Life". Suddenly tears just weld up in my eyes. I am singing these words but is it a reality in my life? Amongst all these confusion and dryness in my life, I still want Him as Lord of my life. Abandoning myself to Him. But what does it all mean? It is such a common phrase in the "Christian" circle. Jesus is the Lord of my life. But what does it really mean to us? Sit and do nothing and wait for Him to direct our path? Living our life as we would and trusting that He is in control? It is all too easy. It means we are no longer in control of our life. We are not the Lord of our life. We cannot have two Kings. That would cause confusion. Do we really trust Him as Lord? Do I? Trust Him in my decisions, my career, my love life, my all or do I still try to run my own life? To try to fit myself in this world. To control my destiny? I am still learning what it really entails. To have Him as Lord of my life. It is difficult to abandon oneself to someone whom we do not see. Yet I know it is the only way to true contentment. Many times I still want to take charge of my own life. But there is someone who knows me more than I do. He knows my future better than me. He knows my wants and needs more than I do. In this journey that I am taking, there are so many things to learn. Lord, I do trust you that you will guide me and lead me. The Lord of my life.

O Lord of my life,
One who guide me in my strife

O King of this life
Be with me in this journey, my life.







posted by Janelle at 8:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home