My journey...

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Friends from abroad

We had some "friends" from UK visit us for the past week. It has been fun having them around. Although we live on different continents, it felt like our hearts somehow connected cause we are connected by the same spirit. I always enjoy that feeling of family with people from different parts of the world because we have the same Father.



One thing which shock them when they were here was when they went to our pharmacy and saw whitening cream. In the west, they are trying to get as tan as possible with their tanning creams and here we are trying to avoid the sun and get as white as possible. Humans. We are never satisfied with what we have and how we look. We have a product for everything. If you want to get tan. If you want to get whiter. If you want to put on weight. If you want to loose weight. If you want to make your body firmer. what color do you want your hair to be. That is one reason why plastic surgery is so popular. Gyms are such a hit nowadays.

Why would people go through all those trouble to change the way they look? Not that they are never satisfied but I think it has to do with acceptance. Perhaps if I look better, people will like me more. I would find a better boyfriend. I need to be good looking to "make it" in this world. It is all about image. It is all about how I feel about myself in order for me to gain confidence.

What is our society telling us? Lifestyle is so important. To chase that dream of luxury living so that we can brag about what we have. But inside, you will always not be satisfied. Not be contended. That feeling of emptiness that you think could be fulfilled if only... I am in a better state that I am in now.

Fulfillment can only be found in God. Only when I find myself in Him then do I truly find myself. Find out who I truly am. What my reason for existance is. My value and worth is not in the way I look. Not in the things I have but it is found in God. His character expressed through my life. It is not even in the contentment of having a "better" half. Having a family. My contentment has to be first and foremost found in God. Having a someone to share this journey with is a blessing from Him. Having riches and wealth is His blessings. Having children are also His blessings. They are not to be the satisfaction of our life. The satisfaction of our life is when we discover Him. I know of people who are so desperate to find a husband and when they have finally gotten married, their life evolves around the person. Or friends who long for children and when they have one, everything evolves around the kid. The child becomes Lord of their lives. We need to find ourself in Him. To have true relationship with Him.

We can be as white as we want to or as tan as we want to yet we will never be contended unless we are found in Him.
posted by Janelle at 8:51 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home