My journey...

Thursday, October 06, 2011

No Short Cut

On my journey since I have started writing my blog, my walk has been very rocky and dry. Attempts to draw near to God seems to be fail again and again. He seem to bring me to a state of desperation where I have no where or no one to turn to except to Him. There are a lot of things which I do not understand. Why certain things happens this way and not that? Why do I have to go through what I have went through?

I am sure that Job did not understand either. Why did he have to loose everything. Who can comprehend the ways of the Lord? But in the end, Job says "My ears have heard of you but now my eyes have seen you" (Job 42:4-6). Isn't that just lovely? I am sure it was not a physical figure that Job has seen that made him believe. But seeing with his spiritual eyes the greatness and the glory of God. His experience has caused him not to look at his circumstance but at the bigger picture. His reliant and need for God. Not for him to understand his circumstance but for him to know that God who knows all things, who has his best interest is with him and that Job has a hope in this God.

There are no short cuts in our journey. We cannot rise "Above" our painful circumstance and pretend that it did not happen. That is lying to yourself. But we can have hope in a God who knows and trust in Him and walk with Him through our circumstance. Hopefully in the end, we can say with Job "now my eyes have seen You."
posted by Janelle at 7:40 PM

2 Comments:

I appreciated your post. I'm amazed that Job was never told the reason of his suffering, yet his faith and trust were strong. We can only trust that God has us in the palm of his hand...which is so difficult for me when I am going through a time of suffering.

2:58 PM  

Thank you George for your comment. Times of suffering is never easy and we may never know why we go through it but let us together place our hope in a all knowing God as we journey with him and in the end, may we too see God and experience of his grace :-)

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home