My journey...

Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter at the Park

My alarm rang at 5am and it was so difficult to get out of bed. Not to mention the fact that it was raining and we were going to be meeting at the park. Surely we will be drenched and in my mind was all sorts of excuses why I should not go. But I got out of bed. and got ready and drove myself to the park. It was drizzling but not too bad. People started to gather. Some were very sleepy. Some were excited. Some just came to participate.

The sermon ended and then started our celebration. Our "Family" celebration. People brought out their breakfast to be shared with all. It was a feast. There is something about food that binds people. Binds the hearts of people.

We ended the day with family games and we all enjoyed ourselves. I was glad that I went. I would have missed a glimpse about the true meaning of "church" where the people came together to share what they had. Where there is such a sense of family warmth. Embracing one another and having fun together just hanging out with each other and with our Lord.

In the midst of the day, there was a lovely rainbow. A sign of God's promise that He will fulfill his covenant with us. This is God's church and He will fulfill his covenant with His church. His will for the church will be established as long as the people seek after Him with a pureness of heart and desire. We are not perfect but our God looks at the heart. Those who seek Him will find Him.

One thing which my church has gone through is hardship together and we have stuck through thick and thin. Of course we have our differences in opinion but one thing in common which we have is that we love God and we love the people. The rainbow reminds me that God is ultimately in control. He is a covenant keeping God.


posted by Janelle at 1:36 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home