My journey...

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Give Thanks


I was suddenly reminded of a song which I have not sang for a long long while. Give Thanks. When I sang this song a long time ago, I remembered the thoughts that would flood my mind. I used to thank Him for what I had. For my car. For the money I had. For the things which I do not lack. Everytime I sang t his song (And it was very often that this song was sung), these will be my thoughts.

But today, as I sang it, my eyes were filled with tears. I no longer have my health. (At least for now). In fact, some days, I cannot even get out of bed. No longer can I buy what I wanted without thinking. Have to be careful with every cent I spend. Feeling like a Job, yet God reminded me to give thanks. Not because of what I had as possessions but because of Christ. Of the hope I have in Him. He has my heart and I have His.

It is difficult to give thanks in such circumstances. To thank Him for the hope I have when I can hardly see the light at the end of the tunnel. When I am walking in the valley. When I am in the desert place and there is no oasis in sight. Yet I shall Praise Him cause He is who He is. I shall still give thanks for I know these moments are precious to Him. Cause I know I am precious to Him.

I give thanks not because of what I have but because of what I have in Him. Of who I am in Him. He gave me the peace that surpasses all understanding. "He will keep me in perfect peace cause my hope and trust is in Him".

Give Thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy one
Give thanks because its given
Jesus Christ His Son

And now let the weak say I am strong
Let the poor say I am rich
because of what the Lord has done for us

This song brings new meaning to my soul. Truly I have lots to be thankful for.


posted by Janelle at 3:45 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home