My journey...

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

SO Many Questions

There are so many questions in my mind. Maybe too many for my own good. As an impatient person, I keep asking "When..." or "Why is it happening this way..." or "How come I have to... " "Why the wait...." Perhaps these questions are not so important to my Christian walk. That is why God is still silent. Or perhaps He is teaching me patience... but I long to know!!! Maybe if I were to know... maybe life will not be so painful or hard?

I suppose Job has had many questions too. Sudden death of all his children. Lost of his wealth. His health. I would have tons of questions if I were Job. A man who walked in the ways of God. Who see himself blameless in his own eyes... Why all these calamities? But in the end, it is recognising that God is supreme and Lord. Looking at Him rather than at what is right in his own eyes... that was the heart that God seeks after. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, Thou art with me. Your rod and your staff they comfort me.

Why do I have so many questions? To satisfy my own desires? To prove that I am right? To know what is ahead of me? To fill my self righteousness? Maybe my questions are the wrong questions. Maybe it should be more tuned towards God and what He is doing in my life. After all, He is still Lord of my life.

I kept singing this song by Tim Hughes...

I've got questions Without answers
I've known sorrow I have known pain
But there's one thing That I'll cling to
You are faithful, Jesus you're true

When hope is lost I'll call you Saviour
When pain surrounds I'll call you healer
When silence falls, you'll be the song within my heart

In the lone hour of my sorrow
Through the darkest night of my soul
You surround me and sustain me
My defender forevermore.

I will praise you, I will praise you
When the tears fall still I will sing to you
I will praise you, Jesus praise you
Though the suffering still I will sing.
posted by Janelle at 1:52 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home