My journey...

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Church camp

I just came back from our church camp. Probably this is one year that I have no expectations of it. Someone asked me so what do you expect out of camp... I cannot even remember what I answered. However, I did enjoy myself and God did speak to me.

I hung out with people whom I do not usually hang out with and it was really good. People whom we see in church but never really talk to. When you look around, you can see family. *sob* *sob*. It's quite a sight. The young and the old... they hung out together.

The message really spoke to me too. Its about intimacy and holiness. Many of us would have felt tired from serving over the years in the church and for some of its its because our serving is out of "duty" and not out of an intimate relationship with God.

There was a challenge to live a holy life. Not to quench the Holy Spirit in us. To watch what we say and do and what we allow into our lives. "Be Holy for He is Holy". We are not completely holy for if we are, as the speaker says, our name will be "GOD". We do however try to be. Not on own own strength but as we become intimate with Him, our character will change. Our mindset will change. It is so hard though... to set a standard for yourself. Especially in this day and age. It is not only about being different. It is about being holy. Being who He wants us to be. We have been too laid back in this matter.


Another thing which I got from the camp is that the purposes and the promises of God never change. That is both a comfort and an assurance. Having gone through so much in the past few years, God is still in control. More and more my confidence and my faith has been increasing. Maybe the wounds are healing. I can see a glimmer of light in the horizon. I have my ideas of what things are suppose to be but those ideas are smashed now. There is an excitement of what is to come. It's like going on one of those rides in movie world or disney land. Not knowing what will come next. It may be a sudden drop or a slow cruise but it will be a ride with Him in control. It does not matter so much what the end will look like anymore as long as the journey is with Him. It was a good camp.


posted by Janelle at 8:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home