My journey...

Sunday, May 17, 2009

My "further education"

I have been contemplating for a long time whether to continue on with my further studies in The Seminary. It has been two years since I have stopped and just could not make myself to continue on. But at last, I have finally decided it was time I pursue this and I am so glad that I did. I took "Biblical Interpretation" taught by Dr Lim Kar Yong and it was so good. It gave me a new passion for the Word. Seriously, the bible is so much more interesting. I salute all you Biblical scholars out there. You who have spent hours and hours doing reserch just so ordinary folks like me could pick off your "Brain".

This class we learnt exegetical methods, looked at historical cultural context and how it influences your veiw in reading the bible, applications etc. I must admit, the terms are very confusing and sometimes, most times mind blowing. But the result that you get is worth it. To find out the real meaning behind what the author intended when he was writing the book and the cultural and historical background. Really makes you see the word in a different light.

Dr.Lim made the class so interesting and often it was like listening to a sermon rather than teaching. Maybe that is his way of teaching. It is people like him that encourages me to grow deeper in my theology understanding. They inspire me. Hee hee. He has a blog. All theologeans seem to blog.


posted by Janelle at 11:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home