My journey...

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas


As Christmas is coming near, churches starts to sing Christmas Carols and we reflect upon the coming of our Christ. This morning as we sang "For its the mystery of the universe, You're the God of Holiness, Yet you welcome souls like me." I suddenly thought about This Christ who came to earth, lived and died. It is such a mystery.

Imagine, Christ came for me yet when He was here on earth, I was not even born yet. I did not even know Him yet He came for me. He sacrificed for someone who did not even know Him. Would I have given my all to a total stranger? To love so greatly even if that love is not realised or returned. There are so many who chose to turn from Him yet He gave His all to them too. For generations to come, The birth of Christ is more than just an event in history. He came to show the way to the Father and it was not only applicable during the time Christ was on earth but it will be applicable to many generations to come. Pointing the way to the Kingdom.

The work of the Cross is very much emphasised in our Christian faith. It was because Christ died for us, therefore we have eternal life. But lets not forget the Birth of Christ is very important too. Because He lived here for us, we can have and experience the treasures of the Kingdom.

Merry Christmas to all as we celebrate this great love and sacrifice for us even before we were even born.


posted by Janelle at 1:51 AM

1 Comments:

Hey there...

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you too!!!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home