My journey...

Monday, August 25, 2008

Praise You in the Storm

On Sunday when I was looking around during worship, I saw faces of people praising Him. I know of people whose husband is cheating on them and they are breaking down inside. I know of people who are suffering financial difficulty. People who are suffering from an illness. People who have been waiting for a child and been given a promised yet did not see the promise fulfill. People who have lost their loved ones. People who are trusting for their loved ones to be healed. People who are trusting for their loved ones to be saved. People whose family is breaking down. People who does not have a job. People who are lonely and lost. People who cannot make sense of life.... yet all praising Him because He is who He is.

Have you heard of stories where His children trusted in Him and yet they are disappointed but they can still say "it is well with my soul". I have heard of a story where a man is crying out to God for his daughter to be healed of a serious illness yet she still died. He was probably wondering why God? Why did you take such a young life away. He probably did not understand how come He says that He is a God who heal but...

Another story of a church member who trusted God to heal his wife of cancer and yet she still died. Talking to him afterwards, he said that he was upset. Disillusion about God. He was so sure that the God whom he trusted will not let him down and yet he still lost her. But he said I still worships Him cause He is still God. He is my only comfort in times of sorrow. God keeps drawing me to Himself.

So as I look around on Sunday, looking at all the faces who is worshiping Him despite of what they are going through, it made me cry. I remember a song which says... Praise looks good on you. I know I am journeying with a group of people who are broken yet still have hope in God because He is God. We are trusting in God though for different things yet it is trust altogether. Having faith to say "God I trust in You WHATEVER the outcome". I feel comforted that I am not on this journey alone.

The song "Praise you in the Storm by Casting Crowns" is one of my favorite for now. The words really resonate within me.

I was sure by now
God you would have reached down
Stepped in and saved the day
but once again I say amen
and its still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
The God who gives and takes away

And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
YOu hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I'll praise you in this storm

I remember when, I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
And raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on?
If I can't find You?
And as the thunder rolls

I lift my eyes unto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and Earth.



I was sure by now, God you would have reached down, Stepped in and saved the day... its still raining... I'll praise you in the storm, I will lift my hands... for you are who you are!

posted by Janelle at 1:18 AM

1 Comments:

Good to see you blogging again.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home