My journey...

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Loving One Another

More than a few months ago, I was just talking to a friend who is wanting to leave our church. I asked him why and this was his reply "I need to go and get myself sorted out first and then come back." I was dumb founded. Get yourself sorted out? Isn't then church the place for you to do that? With people who "supposedly are your friends"? Over and over again, I hear statement that the church won't accept me. I am too "screwed" up. I do not want to go to church cause they will judge me.

This is such a sad picture. People has view church as this "holy" place for the pure and "elite". As long as you know how to act and dress and talk. You are ok. Do not matter if you are in pretense. Ephesians 4:32 says "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you". Ephesians 5:19 writes "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against each other. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." 1Thessalonians 5:11 says "Encourage one another and build each other up." What happened to the church? Why is it that when one is in trouble, the church is the last place they would want to go?

Have we been too much of a "purity" police? Judged with our actions? Though we have not said it out loud? Do people feel intimidated or pressured to have to act a certain way?

Me being part of the church was guilty as charged. I was very upset at a certain individual who made a big fuss about getting financial gain for a certain ministry work that she did. I was upset because we are all volunteers. This is God's work. I complained to one of the leaders and he said "Have you ever thought that she is in great financial trouble?" I looked at the situation, he looked at the heart. The person mattered more than any rules or regulations that we have set. Any structure that we try to upkeep.

Jesus said, "A new commandment I give unto you; Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another."
posted by Janelle at 1:31 AM

1 Comments:

I found your blog by searching for "Yet will I praise YOU."

YOur faith shines through your writing. I'm sure the Lord will bless you because of your sweet spirit.

Be blessed in HIM.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home