My journey...

Sunday, January 20, 2008

What in The World?

It started off as what seems like just another day. Then all of a sudden, there was a great commotion outside. Crucify Him! I ran out to have a look and saw a great crowd of people. As I looked past their heads, I saw a group of Roman soldiers flogging a man covered with blood carrying the cross. I asked the crowd what was happening. They said that Jesus is to be crucified. Jesus? The Jesus who I so much admire? I relook at the man carrying the cross. I could not recognise him. His face is covered in blood. His body beaten and raw. I could see parts of His flesh torn out. Who could have done such a terrible thing? Is that The Rabbi who has such insight to God? Infact, he did claim to be the Son of God once. The messiah that was promised. I remembered only a week ago, we have broken palm branches to hail His coming. The one who is going to deliver us. Can't He save Himself? He performed so many miracles. I saw with my own eyes. A man with such power now looked so weak and helpless. Is He really the Son of God? What then will happen if He is to be crucified. I have placed such hope in Him. Believed in His stories. You mean He is not the messiah? Has He been lying to us all along? Hope smashed. Disappointment crept in. Confusion running in my mind. I really did believe that He is the messiah. How can He die in such a disgraceful manner. A death of the criminals. It is a great joke to have placed my hope in what seems to be such a weakling now. Why did I believe? Yet there is still something about Him. Why then did this happen? How could God allow it to happen? Where are you God?

Sometimes, we human with our limited understanding could not comprehend what God is doing. In our mind, certain things have to happen this way or that. If it goes against all human reasoning, then confusion and judgement and disappointment creeps in. What is happening? It says in the bible "His ways are not our ways. It is far greater." Sometimes we may not understand. It may even cause us to doubt Him. To doubt our faith. But blessed are those who believe and yet not understand. Those who hold on to their God even in times of confusion.

Jesus, the promised messiah had to die a death of a criminal though he did not wrong. There was a greater purpose. Though at that moment, many of his followers did not understand. They would have thought that they were cheated. Such confusion and disappointment but in the end, there was a greater promise. God with us. The veil was torn. We could enter into His presence. The prophecy fulfilled.

TRUST.
posted by Janelle at 1:41 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home