My journey...

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Being Christian

"Being a Christian is the most difficult thing in my life yet it is also the most fulfilling" says a well-known athlete who is diagnosed with a terminal illness. I could relate to her at this point in my life. It is difficult holding on to faith and trusting God yet it is that faith that keeps me going. Knowing that He will never leave me nor forsake me.

Been wondering about PASSION. What is passion? Where was the passion that I once had. Willing to go anywhere and do anything for God without feeling tired. But is passion the gunghoness in a person? the "ra ra ra". The person who wants to get his or her hands into everything that is related to God. The person who never seems to get tired. Is that passion for God? Can a person be passionate yet it is an inward change. Not necessarily in doing but in being. But your inward change affect your outward action as well right?

SO then what is wrong with me? I do love the Lord. But my "ra ra ra passion" is diminishing.

Heard of these statements? "If you love the Lord you have to love going for prayer meetings. You need to jump and dance during worship cause you will have passion you can't contain. Just let it out. You would be so excited to want to get your hands into all sorts of ministry"

In wikipedia, passion of Christ is referred to the suffering of Christ leading to His crucifixion.

A passion for God. Love for God. One wise man told me love is a feeling but true love is a commitment despite the feeling. Perhaps as we are chasing after God, getting more passionate for Him, we get to know Him more and as we know Him more, we behold more of Him and become more like him. As we become more like Him, we cannot help it but have more love for people and that is when we serve out of that love relationship with Him. Not some superficial forced out passion that we imitate. To show people that we are Christians. Not something we have to do but something we want to.

Perhaps I am changing from being told what to do.... from a superficial forced out passion to an inward change. A deep rooted passion. But it sure is difficult being Christian. Maybe it will be easier if we do not try to figure out what is happening and just let it happen. Feel like I am in a cocoon metamorphosing (Of course I have never been in one. You would be worried if I have). Hopefully at the end of it, God's will be done and I become more and more like Him. Not a butterfly.
posted by Janelle at 10:18 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home