My journey...

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Prayer

I have been pondering about what prayer is. I know that it is talking to God. It is our means of communicating with the Father. But... I am sure you have heard of the phrase "Everytime I pray, I move the hands of God." Then are we more powerful than God? We are the ones telling Him what to do. It is then our will be done? Or this phrase PUSH - Pray until something happens. What if I am asking Him for a BMW 7 series or a tall dark and handsome man to come with it. I will still be hopeful to pray... till the cows come home?Or I have read somewhere that you do a prophetic line on the floor and the thing you want God to do you place on the other side of the line and you physically cross the line to take hold of that which He has given you. You take it by faith... Wah! Talk about desperation and violence. Again sounds a little bit manipulative. Are we trying to manipulate God?

SO what is prayer and how then do we pray? I do not exactly know. I just know that perhaps as we get to know Him more and as we are closer to Him in our walk, we would know how to pray. We no longer need a formula or pattern to follow. It is like when you know your lover, you would not need to think about what to say.

When we pray, we pray in accordance to what God is doing. It is not always something unreachable or unrealistic. But prayer is something real when we pray accordance to His will and it will come to pass. Back to our relationship with the Father. Like what Jesus says "I only do what the Father tells me to". Not us trying to move the hands of God.
posted by Janelle at 11:20 PM

2 Comments:

"When you pray the will of the Father, you are moving His hands."

Don't you think so?

7:42 AM  

Hi annonymous,

My question is do we have to pray to move the Father's hand? If He wants His will to be done it will be done right? When it is not His will, Even if we pray till the cows come home, will it be done cause of our prayers?

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home