My journey...

Monday, August 18, 2008

I AM the Way

Sometimes, I have moments of being "Lost" and tired. Just do not know what to do. Where to turn to. I do love the Lord but He seems to be missing. Then I remember Him saying "I am the Way, The truth and The Life.... follow Me."

Heard of the expression "Easier said then done"? This is one of those things where it is "Easier said then done." Yet what are we to do? Whatelse is there to do except to trust. Where else are we to turn to? We have just to wait upon Him. I do attest that in my times of trials, it has brought me closer to knowing Him. The more I know Him, the easier it is to trust Him. I said easier. I still do have times of feeling "Lost".

Our "Fathers of Faith" in the past has done it. They have finished the race and could testify that it is all worth it. Perhaps this is my comfort.

Sometimes in this race I feel like giving up
My strength does seem to run out
Yet the broken pieces He will pick up
Placing life within me to give out.

Who can understand the ways of the Lord. Sometimes we feel we cannot go on anymore, He will come to give that bit of encouragement to keep you going further still and then after a while your fuel seems to run out and He will come again to help you to press on again. Yet He does not leave us alone to fight the fight. He says "I am the Way". We need just to follow Him.

I just had a picture of a little girl following her daddy to the woods on a long journey. The road may be unpleasant. There are mountains to climb, rivers to cross, spider webs to go through and it may be hot and humid. Yet the father never let go of this little girl's hand. Then when she cannot go on any further cause she is too tired, he carries her on his shoulders until she is rested and strong enough to walk again.

Wow. I think sometimes when I blog, He does minister to me as well. Just to put my thoughts together and to focus my attention on Him. Its like my spiritual formation excercise :P


posted by Janelle at 8:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home