My journey...

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hype

In our churches today, we try to create an environment that stirs the spirit. An excitement that excites the soul. This is done especially during worship. We jump to fast songs, we try to make people cry through slow songs. Playing with their emotions and they would come out feeling excited and say that it was a nice worship service. Much like saying that it was a nice concert.

Please do not get me wrong. I do get excited when the Holy Spirit comes. Especially during worship. I do jump to fast songs and cry during the slow songs. I even cry during the fast songs. What is the difference then?

The presence of excitement and emotion does not produce the presence of the Holy Spirit but the Presence of the Holy Spirit produces the presence of excitement and emotions.

We cannot stir up our excitement and say that it is the Holy Spirit. It is He who does it. We cannot make people jump higher and say that the more we jump, the presence of God will increase in our midst. Who are we to order God around? But the excitement comes when we meet with Him. In His grace and mercy, He choose to meet us. Sometimes, He comes in a whisper. When all is silent. Sometimes, He comes when we are rejoicing.

However, I do not go around judging that this worship is hype and this is not. It is not for me to judge the intention of the person in front leading worship but for me to worship Him in spirit and in truth. Whether it is hype or not, as an individual, I worship Him. He will meet with me where I am. It is my heart condition too. If I start to judge whether this service is hyped or not, I will most certainly miss Him. They can still hype the worship and I can still meet with my Lord.


posted by Janelle at 1:26 AM

2 Comments:

Hmmm....does this post have anything to do with 2 sundays ago when the old band played? Interesting to see how people responde diferently to things. Do share more.

2:49 PM  

haha. Just some comments that I have heard from people. I did not talk to those involve. As usual it is through another person hearing from another. Just got me thinking. :P

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home